Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 3 Building Knowledge

Google, Google, Google, Google 
Love it, Love it, Love it, Love it

Today opened my eyes to the many possibilities and tools that can be used in Google to create, translate, research, etc.  I see myself spending and experimenting with these vast tools that can make my life so much more easy.  I hope to engage those I lead with informative and creative materials using Google tools.  I have a feeling this site will become my friend....
 https://sites.google.com/a/edtechteam.com/www/workshops/2013-06-17/intermediate-search

Well, I'm going to dive into the many tools Google has to offer and see where it takes me. 
  • If you have any useful Google tool suggestions besides those G shared with us today, please let me know.  I'm trying to fill my "toolbox" with as much as I can by Friday. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



7/24/2013

Notes/Reflections/Thoughts:

3 prong approach to teaching staff expectations of technology use
  1. Clear, concise administrative expectations stated repeatedly
  2. Give staff time, resources and support to enable them to use the tech you would like to see them use 
  3. One-on-one support---conversation to show the benefits 
TeachingChannel.org
  • Website that posts videos of teachers teaching
Zooming in on screen:
(Mac) "command and +"
(PC) "control and +"

MODEL, MODEL, MODEL during PD using technology---get staff excited and build culture of technology.  Have PD in computer lab.  Give them multiple resource(s) to look at and let them explore and share what they learned.

Google Tools---AWESOME!!!
Check out these sites---shows step-by-step how to use tools.
 http://www.teachthought.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/rapid-technology-social-change.jpg
 https://sites.google.com/a/edtechteam.com/www/workshops/2013-06-17/intermediate-search

Dr Medina---
September 28th will present at Jesuit High School on brain research. 

Jane Mcgonigal---check out her research on gamers in TEDTalk

StudentSource.com-
 Students have come up with gaming sites that match CCSS.  You can type in a CCSS and it will take you to links of gaming that engages students to enhance classroom curriculum.  Safe sites for kids to go to enhance student learning.  Teachers can also pull videos to use with instruction.

G Bundy---invitation to come to Beaverton to see how the 1-1 classrooms are working with recent grant
Raleigh Hills K-8

G Bundy, guest speaker.  Sooo inspiring and knowledgeable!! 

1 comment:

  1. Great capture of today's learning. I'll post G's site and Student Source on the class webpage (left side) so you can always access it. Yes, G's an amazing gift in our school district.

    ReplyDelete